Well we had a fabulous holiday, didn't get much chance to stitch but managed to grid my fabric for Sister Angels so I can start that soon.
Coming home wasn't so fabulous ... First I realised that I had left my phone behind - not a disaster, it's a caravan owned by friends. Then we heard a strange noise from the engine, then smoke ... Not Good! AA man called. Towed home. Head gasket blown!
It would seem that the dreams I had of purchasing our own caravan have gone up in smoke, literally. However we do have to thank God for small mercies. We did have a fantastic holiday which, had the head gasket blown 10 days earlier we would not have had. We managed to get half way home meaning the AA towed us home which wouldn't have happened from Wales and finally, if we had decided to come home one day earlier (which was suggested) we would have gotton absolutely soaked. So although it's not been a fabulous day for finances I count myself as very lucky and blessed.
On a happier note my little girl today had her first 'proper' potty experience; saving herself for the potty rather than an afterthought. And that's the memory and event I will take from this day. :)
Oh poor you! I hope you get the car fixed soon!
ReplyDeleteAt least like you said it happened after a lovely holiday rather than preventing you from going at all!
Good luck with the potty training, we are just starting with our second child who is showing signs(18 months) im so happy because our eldest was coming up to 3years before he was 100% trained!!